Tuesday, October 27, 2009

ramble #57 cowboy's, indians, and satanists part1


I was driving to work and spied a head in the street, a Halloween decoration, hair matted on a fleshy skull.
It reminded me of when I saw my first severed head, I've seen two. I was six walking down the street with
my grandmother when an accident happened 15 or 20 feet ahead of us, a bus, a car, and a person. As we approached
the gathering crowd you could see feet sticking out between the bus and the car, blood, and stuff that looked like
hamburger bits and strawberry soda. My grandmother pulled me behind her as she talked to another woman blocking my view.
Thinking about what I saw, the angle of the feet, the bus, the car, logically made me think I should look under the bus,
so I did.There it was a head, or what was left of a head, you could make out a moustache, an eye, some hair, and Lot's of
blood and hamburger. I yanked on my grandmothers hand to tell her what I saw, but she shushed me, I waited a moment and
yanked again, and was shushed again. Very loudly, as loud as a six year old can be with out yelling, "Grandmother there
is a head under the bus!" She shrieked and picked me up and started walking away from the scene. My grandmother is very
sweet has far as I'm concerned, she's always treated me the way a grandmother should. Sometimes I think about the whole
family though, my grandfather who adored her till the day he died, he was like a very large Cary Grant. Once he lost
all the weight and was a healthy Cary Grant, he was doing something he loved for a living, but my grandmother didn't think
it would keep her in the life style she so desired so she told him to quit,he did and gained all his weight back, not good.
I look at her three kids, my father, my uncle #1, and my other uncle #2. My father, with whom I speak to very little, a tattooed
shell of a man, someone who has lived a very rough life by choice and is now paying for it as a pathetic old man. Uncle #1 Married
four times, alcoholic, 2 of his 3 kids in jail, not very happy, but my favorite. Uncle #3 has lived near or with his parents his
whole life, has had very few girl friends and has been a physical mess for the last 25 years, we've never gotten along. There
entire youth was centered around my grandmother and how much my grandfather adored her. I guess I'm lucky that my grandparents
adored me and I missed out on what ever dynamic fucked everybody up, yes because I am the picture of mental health.
You know what I mean jellybean? My grandmother says that.

I wrote this in notepad-cut and paste-looks like shit.

1 comment:

xTx said...

wow.
what was the other time you saw a head?